Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Magpul Core MBUS Pro Offset Sights



Magpul Pro Offset Sights In The Field Review

In this video I review the new Magpul MBUS Pro Offset sights. These are high quality, durable sights designed for use as back up sights should your primary optic go down or you encounter a close range target, too close to quickly engage with your primary magnified optic.

The sights are made of durable melonited steel, with positive detent lockup when deployed. You can easily zero these sights with tool-less adjustments for both windage and elevation. The low profile design makes this compatible with most rifle configurations. The sight sits at the standard height over bore for the AR platform.

The rear sight features a folding aperture to increase peep size for close range targets, or decrease for more accurate aiming should your magnified optic go down.

The sight can easily be attached to the picatinny rail with a 7/64” hex wrench, but one is not provided with the sight.

Both sights pop down during transport and storage, and can easily be deployed one handed.

MSRP Rear-$105/Front-$85/Set $190, $160 street price (as of 1/15)
There are many aftermarket options for offset or “canted” sights, all across the price spectrum. The magpul sights are high quality and are in the neighborhood of other high end sights like the Griffin Armament fail safe sights. A few months ago I tested a lower end pair during a competition and I was pleased with concept, but the quality wasn’t up to my standards. I was in the market for a pair and when I saw the magpul release I knew I found what I was looking for.

After thorough testing in both range practice and "for fun/training" competitions, I am very impressed with the MBUS Pro Offset sights. They are reasonably priced, work as intended, and are exactly what I have come to expect from Magpul. I strongly recommend these to anyone looking for a pair of canted or offset iron sights.

No comments:

Post a Comment